Adult Orthodontics – Richardson, TX
It’s Never Too Late
for Your Smile
While orthodontics is usually associated with children, the fact is that around 25% of all orthodontic patients in America are over the age of 18! That means whether someone is in college or multiple decades into their career, they can still choose to straighten their teeth and get the smile they’ve always wanted. Dr. Jones has helped countless adults achieve results they didn’t think possible using subtle treatments that allowed them to maintain their daily appearance. You can learn more about our options for adult orthodontics in Richardson, TX and even schedule a FREE consultation by giving us a call today.
Why Choose Richardson Orthodontics for Adult Orthodontics?
- Board-Certified Orthodontist with 16 Years of Experience
- Treatment Plans Specifically Designed for Adults
- Dental Insurance Maximized & 0% In-House Financing
The Difference Between Adult & Childhood Orthodontics
The reason that orthodontics is recommended for children so often is because when we’re young, the bones of our face and jaw aren’t fully set yet. This means they can be more easily manipulated with orthodontic treatment to straighten the teeth and bite. In adults, however, these bones are completely hardened, but it’s still possible to shift the teeth and bite. The biggest difference is that the process usually takes a little longer, and for very advanced orthodontic issues, sometimes corrective surgery is the only available option. Fortunately, Dr. Jones is usually able to provide exactly what an adult patient needs using a gentle, non-invasive approach. And afterward, the results can be trusted to last for a lifetime.
Our Adult Orthodontic Treatment Options
- Invisalign: Invisalign allows a patient to discreetly straighten their teeth without the people around them noticing that they are undergoing treatment. See-through plastic aligner trays are used to shift the teeth, and they are so thin that they practically disappear when placed in the mouth. Even better, the trays can be taken out whenever a patient wants. This means they don’t have to change their diet like with traditional braces, and their oral hygiene routine can remain the same as well.
- Clear/Ceramic Braces: Clear/ceramic braces use brackets and wires just like traditional ones, but there is a chance if you saw a patient wearing them, you wouldn’t be able to tell. Why? Because the brackets are made of a clear ceramic material that allows the natural color of the teeth to shine through. The wires are also shaded to blend into the smile. The overall effect is a much more discreet-looking treatment compared to regular braces, but they are still just as effective at correcting crooked, crowded, and gapped teeth.